Tuesday, October 19, 2010

our little, big man

Since I did a blog about Brock, I thought I would do one on the Jakester too. Plus I had some fun pics of him that I wanted to post as well.
Let's see...in the world of Jake we are 90% potty-trained. The only time we do not wear a diaper now is bed-time. We have had our minor and MAJOR accidents, but over all he is doing so awesome, and has done it all by himself...we have not had to prompt him at all. It has been incredible.
He is also upgrading to a bed without rails. We are going to be putting his "top bunk" into Brock's new room and then Jake will have the "bottom bunk" (of Joe's old beds) which is a totally big boy bed. The other night we decided to take them off for the night, and it turns out Jake is a champ...but Brock, not so much...a loud THUD was heard above our kitchen to which Joe ran upstairs and Brock was at the foot of the bed scared to death from falling out. opps. Didn't think about that one :-)
He is so cute with MDO out now. He has friends that he totally remembers and talks about missing. They both LOVE picking eachother up from the other's classroom. They are so delirious they run circles around the columns chasing eachother while we sign them out.
He repeats everything, and really does not hold back from trying any words. Quite the chatty Kathy!
He loves to watch movies now and loves getting under the covers with mommy while we do that.
He also has what I like to call "bi-polar-ness" these days. He seems to be expressing his independance and always has to do the opposite of what I ask...then I turn it around on him and get him to say what he really wants. I have to admit...it is incredibly frustrating, and I am praying for the terrible almost threes to be gone!
But, over all it has been so fun to watch him grow. I cannot wait to see what the next stage has in store for him.

Yes, that is Star Wars he is watching with Daddy. He loves it. Joe is so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment