Thursday, January 12, 2012

our little (or big) 4 year old


This kids is growing like a weed.
All three of our boys are in the 80% and above in height and average in weight. This means they all were highwaters because the next size up in pants SWALLOWS them in the waist.
Joe told me the other day...
"you know...we need to really start to make more of an effort to make sure Jake looks good...I know we don't care if his pants are highwater, or his pant fall down to show his butt crack when he sits...but kids are MEAN, and we should at least try to help him out a little bit"
TRUTH.
So...if any of you have any ideas...because this boy's pants just don't fit.

Anywho...off of that tangent...
He is really starting to show his education and it is so fun.
He LOVES to put together puzzles...like LOVES!
He even has begun to take on the task of helping Brock do them too.
He LOVE to help with anything and everything now...and he is actually helping.
He loves to cook, help unpack, dress himself, buckle his own seatbelt, take a shower, unload the car, help in the yard, help with Holt, even trying to "carry him" but "he's so heavy, mom"
Ya, that's the other thing...with this independence...comes...well...independence...
He doesn't like to hold our hands much anymore.
He is starting to call me "mom" not "mommy" or "mama"
It is so bitter sweet.

He loves to talk. He counts all the buses that we pass. He tells me what he sees. He tells me how he feels. We have real awesome conversations about God and Jesus. I LOVE IT! I no longer feel like I am talking just to talk.
Pretty much, this kids, just like all of them, ROCKS!
I am soooo thankful God gave him to us as an older brother.
He is timid and insecure (to be expected) but when he does things he commits to them whole heartedly and does them all with such ease. It is awesome.
The prayers I have for this little man is to learn to be confident.
To be a leader.
To be brave, to know that God doesn't care what any other kids says or how they act, but it is him who decides how to respond.
To be strong...to work his hardest at all that he does, so that he doesn't have regrets.
And to be gentle and caring. To love those around us, even our enemies...something that I need to show a better example of myself.

What an amazing calling to be a parent. Never have I been so stretched, pushed, frustrated, rewarded, loved and humbled all at once in my whole entire life.
And I take advantage of this fact all the time...my prayer for me:
to remember how God GAVE us these boys because He thought we would do a good job raising them...sheesh...for real?
No pressure...
Thank you, Jesus for these lives...please protect them and raise them up to be old, old men who live a life of service, compassion, amazing examples of Christ's love and undying faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment