Thursday, July 16, 2009

catch me up

So, a lot has been happening around here, I have not been able to do a good job keeping up with this blog. It makes me sad because I like using this as an online journal, if you will, that I can make into a book for the boys. So, because of my lack of posts, I am going to do a quick catch up one and then hope that I can get back to more regular postings.
Here are our little Monstah's. I LOVE these shirts, from our Hardy friends, because I have always had a thing for Boston.
How cute are these boys?!?

Brock is officially sleeping through the night...COMPLETELY!! It has been amazing. This week we started the act of putting him to bed after his 7:30 feeding, same time as his brother and letting him sleep it out. The first night he got up 2-3 times, but I just went up and calmed him down and turned back on his sleep sheep and he fell back asleep. Then after that he has been coasting through until about 6-7am! Hallelujah!!
He is getting so big! He holds up his head so well...he can even sit up in his Bumbo chair for short periods of time. He smiles ALL THE TIME and is even giving us some really goofy laughs, if you will, from time to time. I cannot believe we are FINALLY past the first 2-3 months that we were dreading so much. It seemed like it would never end while we were in it, but now that it is over it feels like it FLEW by...funny how the mind plays tricks on you like that.

Jake is doing awesome too! He just got over having some really yucky inner-ear infections...so we are so excited to have "happy-Jake" back! He is like a whole other person when he is sick. It is aweful! Today is the first attempt at a nap in his big boy bed...and as I am writing this it is a success! Hallelujah!! I cannot believe it! I thought we would have more trouble with it...and I am sure I am speaking too soon. But I have to say that I am quite proud of him!
Maybe this means we can get rid of a crib soon?!?

Other than that...life is going great. Joe is transitioning in Rice FCA awesome-ly...we LOVE it...
I am going nuts again with business...which I am so incredibly thankful for. We are working on getting lots of little projects done around the house...like finishing design touches on our bedroom and actually making a dining room out of our "storage room". Ahhh...to be able to eat at a table when people come over and not have our china in boxes anymore. Not that I am complaining...there are so many other important things in life.
Once some of those things are done, pics will come. But until then...
Sheesh...I still need to edit our 4th of July and San Antonio pics...hopefully soon!
-Kel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so psyched that Brock can wear his onesie, but now that he fits into it, it seems kinda cruel to put that label on such a sweet little boy! Jake is like the perfect model. That boy is on the move! My sister used to do that in photos (like Jake in the bottom photo).. when she had to sit still, she would flex her feet and hands because she was just so FULL of energy! I love it. Healthy beautiful boys!

    ReplyDelete