Saturday, February 20, 2010

wild imagination

Jake has just begun to develop an awesome imagination within the past week or so and it is sooooo much fun to play in his world. He talks to "someone" on the phone whenever he can. It is the cutest thing to hear him conversing. I have no idea what he is saying, but he sure does have a lot to say!
He also started "getting us things" whenever we asked for them. It started with me needing to open something and thinking outloud, saying "man I need some scissors". Jake immediatly said "OK" and walked out of the room. He came back in with "scissors" in his hand (totally imaginary) and handed them to me saying "here you go" (more like "herego"). I could not get over it.
I then asked him to get me some tape.
Jake: "OK"
He proceeds to walk to the doorway only this time to pull something out of the sky and walk the "tape" back over to me.
I was laughing so hard because it was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Now Joe and I LOVE to do it all the time. We ask him for a glass of water, and he starts off with walking all the way over to the fridge to get it. But by the 3 or 4th refill his trip gets shorter and shorter to the point where he is just turning around and grabbing some water out of the air to give back to us.
Joe even walked into the Kids Klub one evening to pick him and Brock up and he was "eating" all the food in the set up kitchen that they have with one of this friends. It was awesome.
I think we are almost ready for home-made tents and the boys turning their room into a fortress against foes! (dorky, I know, just trying to learn some boy imagination terminology so that I can be kind of cool?!?)

1 comment:

  1. Gary is so the same way. I love listening to him. His favorite center at daycare is Homeliving. :-)

    ReplyDelete