Tuesday, June 2, 2009

we have a 1.5 year old!

I cannot even believe it. I think I have said that PLENTY of times already. But it is just so crazy to think that time has flown by so quickly. Every day gets more and more fun...I have to admit. He cracks us up, which is not always a good thing. But throughout even his "mischief" he has such a sweet spirit. We are two very lucky parents to have such a sweet son. We have his 18 month check up at the end of the month (scheduled with Brock's 2 month check up), so I don't have any "stats" at this time...
All I can say is that we are one growing boy. It is amazing the watch that developing little man. I think the thing that cracks me up the most is his "vocabulary". He has entire conversations in nothing but gibberish. Lots of pointing and bossing around, he sure knows what he is saying and thinks that we do too. Maybe the reason he hasn't resorted to real words is because we act like he is already telling us something and we know what he is saying...oh well...it is just too cute to make him think anything less. He is a Chatty Cathy too. The man likes to talk! The other day after our beach trip Jake actually fell asleep in the car (this NEVER happens) and when he woke up 30 minutes later, he started talking IMMEDIATLY...almost as if he feel asleep in the middle of his conversation and he was finishing up his story, "so like I was saying...." (that is Jake in a nut-shell)
He is still completely in love with books, only now he likes to read them outloud to himself. We find him, all the time, reading in bed after he wakes up. We have to keep a stock pile of books in there so that he can entertain himself.
He has such a growing imagination. Joe and I find ourselves peeking around corners alot now just watching him play by himself. Talking and such about something?!? We have totally startled him a couple times when he turned around and saw up spying on him...oppps...I wonder what is going on in the head of his.
I cannot wait to see what these next 6 months have in store for us. This next birthday is going to be a blast! What an awesome age! -Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment