Saturday, October 3, 2009

blood...

Today Jake has his first bloody trama experience. Joe and Jake were out throwing the ball in the yard for Dirk and Dirk, not caring what was in his way "took out" Jake. He not only creamed him, but also put a large hole in Jake's forehead with his tooth. OUCH!
Joe, was the only one home and with the help of our awesome nurse neighbor, got the massive bleeding to stop and to the doctor where Jake was glued back together. I have to admit, I am SO glad I was not home. When Joe called me to tell me OVER THE PHONE, my stomach was turning, and I could have thrown up. Me and blood don't really mix well!
But I am so proud of Joe for how he handled everything, and am so thankful that our little man is ok. To be honest after all the screaming to and at the Dr.'s office, he was as happy as a clam to be home. You NEVER would have thought that anything happened, except for the glue and big cut on his forehead.
Sadly enough, the cut looks yucky, but the Dr. did such a great job cleaning it up that it is not really worth a picture...so I thought I would just post Jake's bloody shirt. The only reason there is so little blood is because he was FLAILING in Joe's arms...I am thinking the rest of his blood is on our sidewalk outside!

Our little hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment