Friday, March 5, 2010

we have survived

So, the week without daddy-o - we have made it! The boys were INCREDIBLE! I am soooo thankful for healthy kiddos throughout the week, that sure made it so much easier. WE had no major injuries...just the usual bumps and scraps that brothers inflict on eachother. The weather could not have been more incredible either. God is so good. We made it out in the yard for a lot of the days and Brock got to really start playing with his brother, which Jake loves. I cannot wait until he is fully walking around, and I do not have to watch him all the time trying to stick everything in his mouth. Shhhh...I had to dig out poop yesterday...yes, Brock, if you read this some day...you ate dog poop and did not complain one bit!
We have really enjoyed some mommy/sons bonding, but the boys and their mom are ready to get some daddy time again. For some reason this whole week they have decided to wake up at 6:30am. NOOO! I still leave them in the room until 7:30, but man are they tired little boys once nap time rolls around! I can't complain...they are still really happy kids, and take awesome naps because of it...which allows me to nap, work or write this blog :-).
Thanks to yall for your thoughts and prayers while Joe has been away. It has been a good week. God definitely took care of us! I totally credit Him with that!
Joe's week has been incredible, of course! I cannot wait to hear more when he gets back...communication has been VERY sparse. He arrives tomorrow night and will be able to wake the boys up Sunday morning. It is going to be great. I am off to Dallas tomorrow for a wedding, which I am looking forward to a whole day of adult interaction. Then we will get to be a family again next week! HOORAY! Hopefully some rodeo and zoo pics will be gracing this blog soon!
Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment