Wednesday, January 26, 2011

nothing like a little Jesus to end the day

So today went a little something like this:
woke up after hardly any sleep last night due to another restless night from Holt :-(
watched The Sword In The Stone with the boys and ate breakfast
went to the bathroom with Brock RIGHT at my side, commenting on what was IN the toilet and entertaining himself with the toilet paper rolls (one day I will be able to poop by myself again)

Came out of the bathroom to find Jake in the living room with shampoo in his hair...the shampoo he had to go all the way upstairs to get and come back down with. Awesome.


Tried to entertain two little boys outside, for God's sake, so that they will take good naps and I can have some sanity time.
Put the boys down or naps, and actually all three of them sleep about an hour...at least I had one hour.
Entertained two boys again outside, for God's sake, and find them covered in mud oh only about 5 minutes after asking them to play out there for a little while.
Bath-time.
Got out of the house and drove to Chick-fil-a for dinners...I needed SOMETHING to do!
Ate dinner
Put the boys down early and headed back downstairs to listen to Holt do his "fussy" hour. Oh fun.

HOWEVER...the day was crazy, and my patience was tested over and over, and I failed over and over...but nothing can stress me out anymore when I think about it all because it ended with prayer time with each one of my boys.
Usually we all pray together, when we can, but tonight I need to just put each of them down separately.
When we ask them to tell us what they are thankful for Jake answers "Jesus", amongst many other random things...ok, melt my heart...
Brock usually cannot sit still and it takes all we have to say a quick prayer and have him at least say "Amen" with us at the end. Tonight was different though. After yet another break down I went in to spend some time with Brock after Jake. I told him how sorry I was for the day and how much I loved him. I then asked him the question that I never expected to get an answer to: "Brock...what are you thankful for??" To which he soooo sweetly replied without a hitch "jesus". The first time any parent hears their sweet child say that word will always be remembered. I know I wrote on this blog about how Jake said it and it melted our hearts, and tonight was Brock's turn and I could not be any more thankful for the sweetness of his little heart that we are already starting to see. I love our little boys. One day soon I hope to be writing this same post about Holt...and it will be just as sweet as the last two. WOW! God. Is. Good!

Oh ya, and so is Uncle Paul...who, by the way, Jake says is stronger than the Dinosaurs...that's right...Uncle Paul and Jesus will be able to fight off any dinosaur that comes Jake's way!

1 comment:

  1. All important conversations will take place in your bathroom - there is no privacy in the near future.....You are proud of your son being thankful of "Jesus." Can you imagine what it is like being thankful of my son and what he says and does? - Mom/Sandy/Sitte

    ReplyDelete