Monday, February 14, 2011

the weekend accident

Well we were supposed to head to Austin this past weekend for Hallie's b-day party (as you saw in the previous post) BUT while I was loading up the car I allowed our sons to run around with funnels in their mouths...it was so stinking cute watching them do it the day before while playing with Dirk in the backyard, so I honestly did not think anything of it. I should have known...how many times growing up did my mom tell me not to run with things in my mouth?? (I am sure a lot) Anywho...while walking in the backdoor Brock fell on the funnel and busted up the roof of his mouth...I ran over to him, got blood all over my shirt and THEN realized that he was bleeding profusely. This mama doesn't do well with blood...God sure has a sense of humor in giving me all boys...so through the midst of wanting to pass out from my stomach hurting from the blood...I gave Brock some ice and the bleeding seemed to stop.
We then loading up the car, cause to be honest he was acting like nothing had even happened.
We got about 30 minutes down the road when Joe looked back and saw Brock drooling in his sleep the BIGGEST clot of blood....I immediately freaked out, climbed over all the seats to get to him and make sure he was conscience. He was fine...probably more ticked that I woke him from his nap. We decided to turn around, cancel our trip and take him to the emergency clinic, where the Dr. looked at him and acted like it was no biggie. Man it sure looks nasty in there though...ouch! Brock is one tough kid...he seriously amazes me...
And in Brock form...he is already back to 100%...I feel ridiculous, but you have no idea how thankful I am that it turned into nothing.

And here is some fun video of how cute the boys were pre-accident....Brock loves his Dirk...not sure if the feeling is mutual quite yet, but Dirk sure is coming around.
Needless to say...no more funnels around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment