Monday, September 5, 2011

a week in the life

They are still all 4 and under and already there is NEVER a dull moment around here. I tell all our friends to just give me a call anytime they need a good laugh to brighten their day, because I can almost 100% guarantee I will have a story from the day of one of the boys doing/saying something crazy or funny that can cheer them up.
Last week sticks out a little more than most though...for the following reasons:
1. Jake and Brock SOMEHOW managed to get the lid off a paint can that I (stupidly) left in the backyard and in about 5 minutes time managed to almost completely cover Jake in paint, get a little on Brock (he doesn't like to get dirty, more on that later) and begin to paint some of the patio tiling, the patio furniture, some of the screen door...AWESOME!

2. Then that same afternoon we were working more with Brock on the potty training. So it smelled (yes, gross) like he needed to go potty...so I took him in the bathroom and set him on the toilet...took off his undies...and went to put them into the dirty clothes hamper...I THOUGHT he hadn't gone poop in his pants...but I was wrong and must have drop the "terds" (yes I said it) on the floor as I walked out of the bathroom.
Then on my way back to check on Brock:
Hello Holt...seems you decided to find the poop I dropped on the floor and start chewing on it, because you HAVE to put everything in your mouth....SICK!!!!!!! I yelled, freaked Holt out, and thankfully Joe was home so he could help me scrape the poop out of Holt's mouth while laughing and helping to totally help me realize how funny this will all be someday...OH JOY!
Brock can no longer force Holt to do anything more than that...Holt has literally eaten Brock's Shi%^*

3. Then the next day our friend Traci came to hang out for the day...and while she was here she got to experience the chaos that three dependent kids brings as well as MASSIVE dog poop on my office rug while I was putting the boys to bed. Mom instinct went into hyper mode...I only dry-heaved twice...I was quite impressed being that it was THE WORST poop mess I have ever smelled or seen in my life...AWFUL!

WOW! What a week. Needless to say Joe and I REALLY enjoyed some time in Dallas ALONE this past weekend (thanks to the amazing time Mimi and Papi offered up) and I am quite excited to get the boys back in school starting tomorrow.

Man I love these kids...but what a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment