Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am thankful for a good update!


As I sit here writing this I am just filled with so much thanks.
This morning I took Brock to his 2 week check up and we have one perfectly healthy little boy. Joe and I are so blessed to have 2 little men in our lives that were born without any issues and have had a healthy life. Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly thankful for that fact, but sometimes I just wonder...why me? Why is it that so many around me struggle with things that I do not have to?
Right now our good friends, The Fenley's are patiently waiting as their 1 week old little boy gets stronger, and hopefully starts to breath on his own after having to undergo major heart surgery. Can you believe it? Why would that happen to their sweet little boy and Joe and I have no problems? I have no answers. I know that God is a completely loving and just God, and He knows exactly what he is doing through all of this.
I know that He has a plan through everything that happens for people to turn to Him and worship.
I know that The Fenley's, right now, are constantly on their knees praying for their son, along with a tremendous amount of other people joining them in that cause. I know that when you think about that...it is pretty cool, in a not so cool situation.
I know that through The Fenley's heavy situation it makes many of us look to God and ask why, while at the same time say thank you so much...again, pretty cool, in a not so cool situation.
I know that there is no way I can ever know, while here on earth, some of the reasons for things happening the way that they do, but I still continue to put all my faith and thanks into my Lord and Savior, because of what he did for me on the cross. I can only hope that I will have the kind of faith that The Fenley's have had through their current situation, if I am ever faced with something like this.
That I would choose to sing "hallelujah, whatever's in front of me, help me to sing hallelujah!" Which is what I have witnessed The Fenley's doing in their brokeness! WOW!
Hope yall will check out their blog and pray for their little baby with the rest of us. - Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment