Monday, June 20, 2011

our minions who don't sleep

It's gotten a little interesting around here lately with the sleeping. I think something is in our water, because neither Jake nor Brock like to sleep. Forget Jake taking any more naps. Brock still needs them, but if I try and put Jake in his room, for some quiet time, while Brock naps in his there is no napping going on. Only mom yelling for 2 hours straight to get back into their rooms, the pitter-patter of feet back to their rooms followed by giggling in the hallway about 5 mins later...and repeat.
Yes, as I sit here typing this now...it sure is cute...but wow...my blood pressure goes through the room during those two precious hours of the day that are slowly slipping away from me.
Then to top it all off...night time has become interesting too. Turns out Jake doesn't need sleep AT ALL...and would much rather creep out of his room into Brock's and then both of them make their way onto the stairs, where 90% of the nights now, we find them asleep together.
NOW THIS, I find insanely cute. I know that this is what they will always have a memory of. What kid doesn't have the memory of listing to their parent's and their parent's friends late into the night from the top of the stairs or down the hallway?? I love it. Seriously.
It is also quite humorous at times sticking around in the hallway to watch their "escape tactics". Sometimes Jake bails out Brock. But now that Brock can open his own door we will see him crack it, and his little hand will appear repeatedly dropping toys out into the hallway for when he KNOWS it is safe to come out. OMG...these boys CRACK US UP! What awesome boys we have been blessed with!!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.. Brock what are you doing? hehe I .. don't.. know.. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete