Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday??


It is Brock's one week birthday today. I cannot believe it has already been a week of this little man's life. We are soaking it all up and enjoying just about everything. (maybe not the feeding in the middle of the night that he cannot seem to fall asleep after...arggg)
But things are going so well. I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am.
Jake LOVES his baby brother. He cannot get enough of him when they are in the room together. I have to keep my eyes on him all the time because he is always wanting to pick him up or pull of his blanket or touch him in some way (we are working on "gentle").
But I just adore how well he has taken to him. There has been no hint of jealousy from him, so that has been a huge relief. He loves to kiss and hold his baby Brock. It is so stinking cute to see. I have these pictures, but I need to work on getting a better ones.


Brock is doing so well too. Adjusting to life with a NUTS-O toddler, 2 energetic dogs and 2 crazy parents. He is filling out in the face and really looking like Jake with dark hair. It is so funny. We have had to go to the dr. almost every day this week to get our bloodwork done, because of the jaundice, but as of today his levels are going down....hallelujah...if I had to hold him while he got pricked one more time I was going to be so sad and probably ask them to do it to me instead...I wish... He is feeding really well and sleeping as good as we can hope for at night. We have seen quite a few smiles already, who knows what they are really for, but I will take it...he has just as beautiful of a smile as his big brother! If we can just get this dang ambilical cord to fall off so that he stops peeing through the top of his diaper, we will be doing good. I swear, I am going to have to do wash every day if this keeps up.

Joe and I are so happy. We both cannot even believe we are the parents of two amazing boys. What a blessing! I am already feeling very well recovered and up to daily walks with the family. Joe has been my saving grace. He has been able to help out so much with Jake, so that I can mostly concentrate on Brock while still getting an awesome fill of The Jakester throughout the day, but not getting too worn down. I am so much less stressed this time around, thank God! I do not know what I would do right now if I did not have Joe's help and encouragement. My mom was able to stay for the past week (which was amazing) and Sandy comes in tomorrow through Wednesday (so I am very thankful). Extra hands are such a blessing. Famliy ROCKS!


Other than that...we are making it! Thank you to all of our incredible friends and family with all of the great praise, support, gifts and love that you have thrown our way. We are so blessed, and I am so thankful. There are no words AT ALL to describe how awesome you make our lives.


I will try and update as much as I can...LOTS more pictures are to come...I want to be as good about documenting Brock's 1st year as I was for Jake. So, hold me accountable!! Harrass as much as you want for updates, if I am not holding up my end of the bargain! Thanks y'all! -Kel

3 comments:

  1. It's so sweet to them together. You must be so proud of your boys. Brock is so handsome with all of that dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leave the cord outside of the diaper and fold the front of the diaper down toward the inside...that should be accident proof. good luck and he is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna says "Hi" to baby cousin "DJake" and baby-baby cousin "Bock" (not so good with r's or j's yet).

    ReplyDelete